[asterisk-users] Asterisk routine maintenance activities

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 22 00:37:14 CDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, James Mutuku wrote:

> I know this might be test book question or one best suited for google
> but I will take the risk of asking. Here I go. What common routine
> maintenance tasks do you run on your asterisk box?

None.

I configure Asterisk to log everything to syslog on a central loghost. All
of the AGIs connect to a separate (MySQL) database server to read call
setup information and keep call state. All CDRs are written to the
database.

When we need to take a host out of production, we update OpenSER's
dispatcher to stop sending calls to the host. When there are no calls
left, we update the OS and Asterisk.

Thanks in advance,