[asterisk-users] Asterisk process ended

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Tue Apr 21 10:00:17 CDT 2009

Marco Sambo escribió:
> Hi,
> I have the same problem: sometimes my Asterisk box crash (or similar)
> and in asterisk log doesn't appear nothing. Also into syslog.
> I don't understand what is it!!!!
>

> Marco
Well, when asterisk dies "without leaving trace", it's generally a core
dump. That means at asterisk instantly died for some internal or app
malfunction. If you work with asterisk as a service (on RedHat/CentOS),
or with a startup script, the asterisk process is normally started with
the -g option that leaves a convenient core dump file in /tmp that let
you see what caused the crash. This info is usually complicated to
understand if you are not a programmer.

Take a look here: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+debugging
On section "Backtracing a core dump file in /tmp".

Regards,

> 2009/4/21 Adrien Lemoine <alemoine at legos.fr <mailto:alemoine at legos.fr>>
>
>     Hi all,
>

>     I experienced for a second time the crash of asterisk process
>     during the night.
>

>     Nothing in Asterisk messages logs, nothing in /var/log/messages
>     can explain that.
>

>     Maybe someone experienced something similar and can drive me in
>     the resolution ?
>

>     Regards,
>

>     A.L

Ing. Miguel Molina