[asterisk-users] Polycom wideband codecs?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 21 09:18:06 CDT 2009

mgraves at mstvp.com wrote:
> Doing a little research before Friday's Voip Users Conference call with
> Dan Behringer.
>
> Are any of the newer Polycom wideband codecs implemented in v1.6?
> Specifically, G.722.1 or G.722.2?

Asterisk 1.6 has passthrough/record/playback support for G.722.1
(Siren7) and G.722.1 Annex C (Siren14). There is no support for G.722.2,
I'm not sure that is even a Polycom codec.

We are working on producing transcoder (codec) modules for these codecs
as well, so hopefully in the near future we'll be able to transcode
between these codecs and the others already supported.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com