[asterisk-users] Peer 'iaxfax' is now UNREACHABLE! Time: 3

Marco marcotasto at libero.it
Mon Apr 20 17:02:38 CDT 2009

Hi All,
I'm having a strange problem and I'm not able to understand what's happening.
I've IAXModem and asterisk Asterisk 1.4.24 running on the same machine.
They are linked together through localhost. I've turned qualify on for the
iax peer. Periodically I've this message:

[Apr 20 23:47:46] NOTICE[4641]: chan_iax2.c:9049 __iax2_poke_noanswer:
Peer 'iaxfax' is now UNREACHABLE! Time: 3
[Apr 20 23:47:56] NOTICE[4632]: chan_iax2.c:8128 socket_process: Peer
'iaxfax' is now REACHABLE! Time: 3

It happens a lot of times during the day, even when the box is not loaded
at all.
I've tried to connect the asterisk box to a IAXModem running on an
external PC on the same subnet and the problem was not replicable. Seems
only when the two pieces of software are running on the same machine.

Is someone having the same problem? Is there something I can do to better
understand what's the cause of this?

Thank you and best regards,
Marco Signorini.