[asterisk-users] Asterisk PA system with cepstral

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com
Mon Apr 20 14:13:47 CDT 2009

Hi All,

We just bought a sip based PA setup here with the intention of hooking
it into our existing asterisk (1.4) setup.  It works as expected when I
dial it's extension, but I want to have system generated speech played
based on some action (using cepstral, which is already installed and
working).  My first thought was to DIAL to the extension, and then have
cepstral play the audio.  The problem with this is (of course) that once
the dial connects, the sound doesn't get played until after a hangup.
My next thought is to create a conference call between the console and
the PA, but I'm not sure how to initiate the call on the pbx side and
then play audio onto the line.

Thanks in advance

-Justin