[asterisk-users] Digium TDM403E : echo cancellation enabled ? Echotraining still necessary ?

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Sun Apr 19 09:28:38 CDT 2009

How do I know that de hardware echo canceller module on my Digium
TDM403E is recognized by Asterisk ?

After having configured /etc/zaptel.conf :

[root at asterisk etc]# /sbin/ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Version: 1.4.12.1

Echo Canceller: MG2

Configuration

======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels to configure.

Can I be sure that hardware echo cancellation is enabled ??

By the way :

In zapata.conf, do I still need these options :
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
???

Jonas.