[asterisk-users] Sangoma A104d and Adtran 850 problems

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Fri Apr 17 18:57:16 CDT 2009

I have a system that I am trying to get a port on a Sangoma A104d card
connected to an Adtran 850 with 5 FXS modules and 1 FXO module.

A problem I am having is figuring out what cable should be used from the
port on the Sangoma to the JP2 port on the Adtran. Tried was a cross-over T1
(1->4, 2->5, 4->1, 5->2) as well as a straight T1 (1->1, 2->2, 4->4, 5->5).
Neither one made the Sangoma port show a green light, only red.

Also the best I can tell the Sangoma port gets configured the same when
connecting a PRI line or a cable to the channel bank. Is this correct?

It is /etc/dahdi/system.conf that says what is connected to the port,
correct?

Here is /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe7.conf:
[wanpipe7]
CARD_TYPE     = AFT
S514CPU     = A
CommPort     = PRI
AUTO_PCISLOT     = NO
PCISLOT     = 4
PCIBUS      = 9
FE_MEDIA    = T1
FE_LCODE    = B8ZS
FE_FRAME    = ESF
FE_LINE        = 3
TE_CLOCK     = NORMAL
TE_REF_CLOCK    = 0

TE_HIGHIMPEDANCE    = NO
LBO         = 0DB
FE_TXTRISTATE    = NO
MTU         = 1500
UDPPORT     = 9000
TTL        = 255
IGNORE_FRONT_END = NO
TDMV_SPAN    = 7
TDMV_DCHAN    = 0
TDMV_HW_DTMF    = YES

[w7g1]
ACTIVE_CH    = ALL
TDMV_ECHO_OFF    = NO
TDMV_HWEC    = YES

Here is /etc/dahdi/system.conf
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#Sangoma A104 port 3 [slot:4 bus:9 span:7] <wanpipe7>
span=7,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxols=145-164
fxsls=165-168

Here is /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf:

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

;Sangoma A104 port 3 [slot:4 bus:9 span:7] <wanpipe7>
context=to-cbfxs
group=2
echocancel=no
signalling=fxo_ls
channel => 145-164

context=from-cbfxo
group=3
echocancel=no
signalling=fxs_ls
channel => 165-168

Held figuring this out would be appreciated!

--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC