[asterisk-users] Connection to non-human numbers

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Apr 17 16:11:22 CDT 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 09:52:45 Danny Nicholas wrote:
>                           I've got 1.4.21.2 using Polycom 501 phones and
> Zap lines.  Most of my calls come in and go out fine with the exception of
> Mechanized answering devices.  When I call my 401K plan (1-800-777-401K)
> the call will last exactly one minute.  The call never bridges, so even
> though the connection is made, Asterisk hangs up at the end of the Dial
> command.  Any suggestions?

are you using progress detection on your zap lines?

callprogress=yes
progzone=us

this may be the problem.  i have the same issue when i dial into my work
voicemail out of my asterisk box at home.

try setting callprogress=no

by the way, for anyone else, might there be a way to enable/disable
callprogress from the dialplan?

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E