[asterisk-users] Here is Step by Step Example of Asterisk PBX System Install and configuration

Jimmy Ezell jezell at hmhca.com
Fri Apr 17 13:47:21 CDT 2009

Our small company is replacing Cisco CallManager with Asterisk (because we are tired of sending them money) and I am documenting the process as I go on my blog.  I am trying to make the notes as easy as possible in hopes that I can ease someone else's pain.  Here is the link:

http://qvlweb.blogspot.com/2009/03/asterisk-pbx-system-install-01-what-i.html

Please feel free to comment on the blog, send me email (address is on the site), let me know about corrections, or whatever.

I think Asterisk is great but it is not easy for the newbie who is mainly a Windows guy.  I hope this helps someone else.  I am up to post #4 in the series so far.

By the way if I get stuck please give me a hand.  If this works out as planned the site may answer many of the common questions that people like me have and that helps take the burden off of everyone.

For now no questions but I am sure there will be.

Thanks,

Jimmy