[asterisk-users] T38modem in loopback mode does not work on asterisk 1.4.20.1

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Apr 17 08:19:51 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Michael <michael at networkstuff.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:54:07 you wrote:
>
>> Well, not really a waste of time. As I mentioned - Hylafax has many
>> desktop clients, it's better to just write few scripts than to design
>> desktop software for your own setup. If You have a need of sending
>> faxes, You'll probably need a desktop client too.
>
> I wish it wasn't a waste of time because Hylafax would make a great front end
> to a T.38 SIP system. I use Hylafax myself, but not with SIP.
>
> The problem is that there is no reliable, or really any viable way to achieve
> this when using T.38 as the carrier uplink.

Could You explain this? I really don't understand Your point.

> The setup you describe does not have a audio data path connection to Hylafax
> and I wonder why the convoluted method when the same could be achieved using
> Callweaver alone and some custom scripting.

Why would the audio data path would be necessary? In our setup
CallWeaver effectively acts as modem, and talks T.38 with provider.

Please see my previous statement about desktop client software. I
doubt that this can be simply achieved with custom scripting.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,