[asterisk-users] MOH always plays from the start

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Fri Apr 17 06:52:48 CDT 2009

Hi,

I had a professional studio put together some MoH, with product announcements in between snippets of music. I use this single .wav file in Asterisk.

My problem is that if I put someone on hold, talk to him again, put him back on hold again, he always hears the same part of the file (the beginning).

Is there anyway to either:
1) Have the file continue where it left off
2) Have the file continuously reading, whether someone is listening to it, to give the impression of a running CD
3) or at the very least start at a random position in the file

?

I am using Asterisk 1.4.21.1, with latest asterisk-addons as of today April 17th 2009.

Regards,

Mike