[asterisk-users] DTMF

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Thu Apr 16 10:25:46 CDT 2009

Hmm, let me rephrase that (now that I have googled a bit).  I am having
trouble with DTMF tones over two IAX trunks:

Polycom501--->ast---[IAX]---ast2---[IAX]--->provider

Both IAX trunks were ulaw, and that worked fine.  I recently changed the
first leg to be g729 (as their internet connection is lower bandwidth).
Now DTMF doesn't seem to pass.

In my searches just now I see that dtmfmode is not actually a valid
keyword in iax.conf.

So may I assume that dtmfmode is inband only over IAX (since adding
compression seems to have killed it?).  That would suck.