[asterisk-users] Exit Dial Application

Christoph Fuerstaller fuch_lists at kurtkrenn.com
Wed Apr 15 08:47:20 CDT 2009

Hi Danny,

Danny Nicholas schrieb:
> Here's how core show application dial says you should do it:
> Change your dial to
> exten => _X.,n,Dial(${DIALNUM},${ARG2},dtT,callback)
I'm not sure if this is correct. core show application dial says:
Dial(Technology/resource[&Tech2/resource2...][|timeout][|options][|URL])
If I configure what you wrote, then callback is passed as URL to the called party.
"The optional URL will be sent to the called party if the channel supports it."

I don't think that's what I want.
What I want is: If A dials B and B doesn't answer, A can press 5 and place an automatic
callback. If B is back and places or takes a call, the automatic callback to A should be
started.

I've found a possibility to do this via answering the call before the dial. But ... that's
not an ideal solution. I would prefer not to answer the call in the dialplan. Does the
option 'd' implies an answered channel? Or is this a Bug?

Chris...