[asterisk-users] T38modem in loopback mode does not work on asterisk 1.4.20.1

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Wed Apr 15 02:29:06 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009, David Backeberg wrote:
> With app_fax integrated into asterisk-1.6, you have an 'infinite'
> modem pool that you control through the dial-plan. Using dialplan
> variables you provide a filename to save the fax to, and you can use
> other dialplan directives to describe what you want to do with the
> file once you have it. One call gets one 'modem' that is dynamically
> allocated, then destroyed when the call completes. This dialplan
> auto-scales to the load capacity of your system / circuits.

Thanks for the explanation! Sounds all good. There is one remaining
question however. As you mentioned T.30, is app_fax capable of
terminating T.38? Because that's what our Voip Gateway to the ISDN
world spits at me :-) Passing the fax over a standard voice stream and
decoding it within asterisk would introduce another potential source of
problems, I suppose.

Cheers,
	Florian

--