[asterisk-users] 2B Channel Transfer on XO-based T1

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:35:19 CDT 2009

On 4/14/09, Max Metral <max at povo.com> wrote:

> I’m trying to get “blind transfer” from an incoming DAHDI line to an
> external number to work on an * 1.6 install using a T1 from XO.  The
> documentation is very “distributed” and incomplete, so while it’s not
> working, it’s definitely more likely my error somehow.  Couple questions if
> anybody is out there who even knows what TBCT is…
>

> 1)      Is this even supported?
>
> 2)      Does it require some settings in dahdi_channels, or features, or
> whatever?
>
> 3)      Would I “trigger” it via a Dial command or commands, or via
> Transfer?
>
> 4)      Do either or both of the legs need to be answered?

Are you positive that your carrier PRI circuit has this feature enabled?

If so, how much are they charging you for this service?(if they are
not charging you for it monthly it is most likely not enabled)

What kind of PRI do you have? (5ESS, NI2, DMS100,...)

How many PRIs and trunk groups set up across them do you have?

I have set up 2BCT for two different call center clients before, and
neither implementation went smoothly as far as the carrier's part of
it was concerned. Asterisk and zaptel(Dahdi) can handle it and will
always attempt to do 2BCT on ALL native bridging of channels on the
same trunk group if you have Transfer=yes in zapata.conf(or the Dahdi
equivelent file). I have never configured 2BCT on an Asterisk 1.6
system, only 1.2 and 1.4 (using zaptel 1.4 for both), although I can't
see any reason why it wouldn't work.

MATT---