[asterisk-users] OT - snom phone question

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:42:30 CDT 2009

Sorry - this is a bit off topic, but there is almost certainly someone
here who will know the answer... Perhaps even a snom employee :)

In recent snom firmware releases, the following sequence always causes
a call to be sent from line 'n'

  Receive call on Line 'n' (where n > 1)
  Press Hold
  Dial new call
  The new call originates on Line 'n'

In older firmware versions, the 2nd call would always originate from
line 1. Is the default line selectable from the phone's configuration
anywhere? I completly understand the logic behind the new behaviour,
but some users prefer the old way, and I cannot find a setting for it.

Basically, in an office environment, using line 1 is more meaningful.
In a Centrex environment, using line 'n' is often the desired choice.

Thanks,
Steve