[asterisk-users] T38modem in loopback mode does not work on asterisk 1.4.20.1

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Tue Apr 14 06:00:02 CDT 2009

Hi!

I'm trying to get t38modem working and started with the loopback mode. I
installed everything according to
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/T38modem+configuration+with+Asterisk
and used a stock asterisk 1.4.20.1 compiled from source. Openh323,
ptlib_unix and t38modem are compiled from source as well, as outlined
on the wiki.

Hylafax starts sending the job (sudo faxstat -s shows one line Sending
job and the other line answers), but returns 'Unknown Error' after a
while. One line is stuck in 'Sending job X' forever after hylafax tried
sending the job.

Here is some debugging output:
http://pastebin.com/mcd1abad	asterisk sip debug
http://pastebin.com/m6450328e	t38modem
http://pastebin.com/m15b83de8	hylafax log
http://pastebin.com/m459b0492	asterisk configuration sippets

Can somone spot the problem? Is someone using t38modem with asterisk
successfully?

Cheers,
	Florian
--