[asterisk-users] Ignoring time spent waiting in queue in CDR

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Tue Apr 14 01:16:55 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm working on an Asterisk configuration for a call center, and they
bill based on the time spent talking to an agent, but not for any time
spent waiting in a queue.  The CDR information contains the entire
duration of the call as billable seconds, including time spent waiting
in the queue.  I would like the billable seconds to only include the
time spent actually talking to an agent.

I am using Asterisk 1.4.18.

The only way I have found so far is to correlate the CDRs with the
"CONNECT" queue records, figure out the end time of the call by adding
the CDR start time to the duration, then figure out the actual
duration by subtracting the time of the queue "CONNECT" record.  That
seems messy and error-prone, and I'm hoping there's a better way.

I also looked at using the ResetCDR() or ForkCDR() dialplan functions,
but I don't see a way to cause code to run immediatly after the agent
answers a call from the queue.

Any suggestions?  Am I missing some easy way of doing this?

Thanks!

----Scott.