[asterisk-users] Looking for good IAX ATA

John Rogers john at wizworks.net
Fri Apr 10 20:50:34 CDT 2009

I *was* using the X100P FXS ATA but they discontinued it last year in late
October.  Several inquiries into when they will re-release/replace it with
another IAX ATA have gone unanswered.

Atcom.cn is a MFG in china with no USA point of presence - I looked into
them, but they don't have any resellers here in the US.  I'd like to try to
source something in the US if I can, that way my chances of support may be
better should something go wrong.  Also it doesn't appear that there is an
option to "buy" on the atcom.cn site.

It seems there are very few (if any) options for IAX ATAs and that's a sad
thing, since IAX is far more scalable then SIP and much easier to get
through firewalls (just forward port 4569) than SIP is.  I've been very
frustrated trying to make SIP work through our Monowall firewall without any
success and with MUCH frustration and aggrevation!  IAX is so much nicer -
wish OEMs would start offering this.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Marc Charbonneau
<timebandit001 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:46 PM, John Rogers <john at wizworks.net> wrote:
> > Thank you for the links!  Of course if anyone else knows of other IAX ATA
> > offerings, please *DO* share.  Really looking for a good solution.  I
> will
> > buy one of each of these offerings to test and I'll share my findings
> with
> > the group.
>
> Didn't try them myself, but I found those 2
> - http://x100p.com/products/FXS.php
> - http://www.atcom.cn/En_products_AG188N.html
>
> hth

- John
Website: http://wizworks.net
Blog: http://news.wizworks.net for all the latest!
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wizworks
Sign the petition to Apple to enable iPod support on Linux!:
http://www.petitiononline.com/eb221998/petition.html