[asterisk-users] IVR Survey

Kurian Thayil kurianmthayil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:07:35 CDT 2009

Hi James,

I have done a similar implimentation with Asterisk. And its quite easy
to accomplish. The voice files (questions) have an entry in a MySQL DB
and then I wrote an AGI in BASH which actually picks a number for the DB
and dials the extension. The asterisk plays the voice file using STREAM
FILE (picking the voicefile names from the DB and playing them from the
voicefile location) function and then records the response using RECORD
FILE function. The new recorded file is then indexed in the DB. When the
call gets over, I mix each question/answer combination using soxmix
utility. This is taken care by the same BASH script. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kurian Mathew Thayil.