[asterisk-users] T.38 ATAs

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Apr 9 13:45:12 CDT 2009

Ian wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am going to try the new Digium Fax for Asterisk product. I'm planning
> to connect fax machines to Asterisk (currently 1.6.0.9) via T.38 ATAs.
> I'm looking at Grandstream HT502 or Linksys SPA2102 ATAs. If anyone has
> any experience with these devices, or other recommendations, I would be
> grateful if you could share your experiences.

Some Grandstream firmware revisions seem to do T.38 fairly well. Others
don't.

If you use the latest Linksys firmware (5.2.x) the SPA2102 can do T.38
fairly well with some FAX machines and FAX modems, but its really quirky
with others. My impression is the SPA3102 is quirkier than the SPA2102.

Regards,
Steve