[asterisk-users] AEL2, BASE64_DECODE and hexadecimal

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:28:16 CDT 2009

2009/4/8 Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>

> On Tuesday 07 April 2009 23:38:08 Olivier wrote:

> > > I can't point to any specific reason. I assume that whoever wrote the
> > > application probably thought that attempting to send zero-length data
> was
> > > pointless and that if no data were passed to the application, it likely
> > > was due
> > > to an error by the user.
> >
> > The phone I'm working on (Thomson ST2030) would display in slow blinking,
> > inversed letters (white on black) any text received in SIP MESSAGE.
> > Display duration is unlimited.
> > To erase an old message, you must send a single carriage return (or maybe
> > an empty string).
> >
> > I'm wondering how many phones behave like this ?
> >
> > Maybe, sendtext should then be refactored to accommodate this.
>
> What does the phone do when you send a single space?

It would display it as a black rectangle : as unfortunately, this phone
displays text in inversed color (white letters on black background), a
single space remains visible.

It seems I really need to send a carriage return ($0D in hexa) but I
couldn't find a way to pass such string using SendText.

As suggested earlier, maybe an empty SIP MESSAGE would do the trick but as
SendText rejects empty strings, I've not tested it yet. For that, maybe I
could try to build my own custom SIP MESSAGE, faking a true SIP MESSAGE to
double check if an empty string would be acceptable solution ?

(Note, that sending a carriage return must work as vendor handed to me a
Wireshark capture for a "working SIP MESSAGE")