[asterisk-users] AstManProxy and broadcast

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:12:29 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm evaluating possible design for a specific CTI application.

CTI client is a fat client (it's a customer's requirement) which exchange
data with a CRM server (build on mainframe).
CTI client must :
- display custom view mixing ongoing calls, presence and some user
preferences (such as this user has forwarded his calls to his voicemail)
- request call origination (click2call features).

Instead of repeating to every CTI client that for instance, a call has
started or stopped, I'm wondering if I should :
- broadcast the same data to every CTI client (and let each CTI client build
customized view from it),
- while listening to specific requests from each CTI client.

Can/should I use AstManProxy for that ?
What could be the traps ?
Specifically, is it possible and recommanded to create a 1+N users in
AstManProxy (one for each CTI client and one for broadcasting) ?

If that matters, there should be around 50 client on a local LAN (and a
couple of them through a fully controlled VPN).

Regards