[asterisk-users] Zopier Client

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Apr 8 13:37:37 CDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Gregory Malsack wrote:

> Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the Zoiper Business
> version softphone? If so what has been your experience with it?

I've used it - the business edition supports more than 2 accounts. I think
that's the main difference. (Both now support SIP and IAX)

I liked it when it was IDEFISK, but sort of liking it less now that it's
Zoiper - however I'm using it (or trying to use it) under Linux. If you're
using it under Windows then it's probably fine.

The issues I had under Linux were to do with library incompatabilities -
and sound system incompatabilities! They had also built it under a
bleeding edge version of Ubuntu and I was trying to run it under Debian
stable (which at the time was Etch). I've more or less given up on it
under Linux and have installed my old idefisk under Debian Lenny on my
notebooks.

I had email from them hinting of things to come - video support and so on.
Personally all I want is an IAX command-line soft-phone and I'll write one
myself if I ever get the time.

Gordon