[asterisk-users] AEL2, BASE64_DECODE and hexadecimal

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:38:08 CDT 2009

2009/4/7 Mark Michelson <mmichelson at digium.com>

> Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> > Olivier schrieb:
> in

> >> It's strange how such a silly thing is somehow keeping me from centrally
> >> managing phones forwarding : I can display a phone is forwarded but I
> can't
> >> gracefully return to previous status ...
> >
> > BTW (developer's question) is there a reason why SendText() resp.
> > sendtext_exec() refuses to send zero-length data?
> >

> I can't point to any specific reason. I assume that whoever wrote the
> application probably thought that attempting to send zero-length data was
> pointless and that if no data were passed to the application, it likely was
> due
> to an error by the user.

The phone I'm working on (Thomson ST2030) would display in slow blinking,
inversed letters (white on black) any text received in SIP MESSAGE.
Display duration is unlimited.
To erase an old message, you must send a single carriage return (or maybe an
empty string).

I'm wondering how many phones behave like this ?

Maybe, sendtext should then be refactored to accommodate this.