[asterisk-users] Best Practice Advice?

Gabriel - IP Guys Gabriel at impactteachers.com
Tue Apr 7 10:54:47 CDT 2009

Dear All,

I have a asterisk setup that is currently running on version 1.4.15 - I
wish to upgrade or migrate this instance to the current asterisk stable,
1.6.0.6. It is my intention to build a FC8 box, then install asterisk
from source, and begin to migrate over the configuration. The thing is,
this sounds so simple in my head, and I've had enough issues with
asterisk, to know that life isn't simple!

What I plan to do, is to copy the old configuration over to a box
running FC8 - and then compile and run asterisk 1.4.15 - and gradually
upgrade it, until I reach 1.6.0.6 - Any input on this matter will be
appreciated. Thank you

---

Mr Gabriel