[asterisk-users] Using multiple 'peer' identities on one phone with 1.4

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 7 06:08:25 CDT 2009

7 apr 2009 kl. 11.49 skrev Florian Hackenberger:

> On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> Well, you can have OpenSER doing the authentication and turn it
>> off in Asterisk, but still match a device.
> Ok, but what about sip device state? Will that work? Will asterisk
> report the device as busy when the sip device is engaged in a call?
I don't see any problems there. YOu still have devices with states,
as you would have with authentication. Of course, it still depends on
your configuration. But authentication should not affect states.

>> Why not use type=user if you have the need for multiple accounts
>> on the same IP? Using type=peer for incoming call matching is
>> when you can't match on from: but have to match on IP.
> Because call limits for queues don't work when using type=friend. If
> the
> user gets a call through a queue, another queue won't send a call to
> the user, but if the user places a call, asterisk does not consider
> the
> user busy and tries to forward queue calls to that user. Are there
> workarounds for that?

Depends on the version you are using. In 1.0 it was a nightmare,
in 1.2 it was a tiny bit better and in 1.4 we had a lot of improvements.

If you use the limitonpeer setting, all states for both the user and the
peer part of a friend will only be handled by the peer, which is the
device watched for subscriptions. There was recently also an
overhaul of the states for queues, with a patch to 1.4 that made it
possible
to build a stronger relationship between a queue member and
a state object.

/O