[asterisk-users] Sangoma and BT single lines

bails bails at westcomuk.com
Tue Apr 7 03:17:43 CDT 2009

Ed W wrote:
> Hi, got a Sangoma A200 with a bunch of extension cards and having real
> problems getting it to deal with a normal single BT line
>
> Symptoms are that incoming calls are fine.  Outgoing calls ring the far
> end, BUT asterisk never sees that the call is answered (ie no message in
> the logs files saying so), as a result the remove end can hear the PBX
> side talking, but there is no audio back from the remote side to us.
> When we hangup the log files show messages thave suggest it thinks the
> line is still ringing
>
> Comparing with another line which works fine (this is a BT multi-line
> system with what they call "PBX signalling" on it) I see that as soon as
> the remote end answers then asterisk gets a log message stating the same
> and audio is fine on this line
>

> Have now spent nearly 4 months trying to get the signalling sorted on
> this line.  Most recently we requested "dual signalling" on the line -
> the end result is now that outbound calls work and asterisk reports that
> the phone answers, however, when you hangup the call then asterisk
> obviously gets a bunch of extra line reversals and things there is an
> immediate incoming call on the back of that outgoing call...
>
> Please - any suggestions on how to configure a Sangoma card for use with
> a normal BT single line?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ed W

Hi Ed

This is from a system with a Sangoma A200 on a Virgin/Telewest analogue
line, haven't had a problem in 2 years

/etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf

[devices]
wanpipe1 = WAN_AFT_ANALOG, Comment

[interfaces]
w1g1 = wanpipe1, , TDM_VOICE, Comment

[wanpipe1]
CARD_TYPE 	= AFT
S514CPU 	= A
CommPort 	= PRI
AUTO_PCISLOT 	= NO
PCISLOT 	= 11
PCIBUS  	= 0
FE_MEDIA	= FXO/FXS
TDMV_LAW	= MULAW
TDMV_OPERMODE	= FCC
RM_NETWORK_SYNC = NO
MTU 		= 1500
UDPPORT 	= 9000
TTL		= 255
IGNORE_FRONT_END = NO
TDMV_SPAN	= 1

[w1g1]
ACTIVE_CH	= ALL
TDMV_ECHO_OFF	= NO
TDMV_HWEC	= NO

/etc/zaptel.conf

loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#Sangoma A200 [slot:11 bus:0 span:1]
fxsks=3
fxsks=4

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=4.0
txgain=2.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

immediate=no

;Sangoma A200 [slot:11 bus:0 span:1]
context=from-zaptel
group=0
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 3

#context=from-zaptel
#group=0
#signalling = fxs_ks
#channel => 4

As you can see only channel 3 is in use and yes I know zaptel.conf says
loadzone=us defaultzone=us but it appeasr to make no difference with
this card.

Hope this helps

Bails

believed to be clean.