[asterisk-users] IOS Interface

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Mon Apr 6 12:05:01 CDT 2009

Jorge Mendoza wrote:
> Are there an IOS interface for Asterisk?, or an IOS to SIP converter?
> Some femtocells uses this protocol and I would to use them with Asterisk.
>
> Jorge Mendoza

You're comparing to apples to Orange.  IOS is the Cisco operating system
run by the Femtocells, not the protocol.  I'm not familiar with
Femtocells, but as far as I can tell (from reading wikipedia) they
apparently  can do SIP internally, but that is a more advance
configuration and might require some additional software.  Looks like
they are more designed to what is called "lub over IP" which appears to
be some sort of backhaul specification specific to Cellular / Wireless
carrier technology.