[asterisk-users] Inexpensive device for bandwidth management

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Sun Apr 5 12:07:58 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for a good network device that does bandwidth management.  It
can be integrated in a router or stand-alone, but must be SIP-friendly.

I`ve tried the DIR-655 (latest firmware is SIP-hostile, and the latest
hardware revisions can't downgrade to the version that worked well) and the
DI-724GU (SIP-friendly, but bandwidth management is automated and not
configurable enough for my taste), both from D-link.

What else is out there and allows me to do upstream QoS on cable/DSL links?
Both D-Link routers were under 200$ (99$ and 159$ respectively) and were
perfect price-wise for my target customers.

Mike