[asterisk-users] conference calling

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Apr 3 14:42:15 CDT 2009

Greetings listers.

                         I'm running asterisk 1.4.21.2 on SUSE 11.0 using
Polycom 501 phones.  My outgoing connections are Zapata using a TDM401P.
For the most part I can make and receive calls fine except for these 3
issues:

1.       When I call an external conference, the call never bridges and
hangs up after 60-90 seconds.

2.       When I call another number there is a 2-4 second delay before the
callee can hear me.

3.       When I call an external conference and connect, the others cannot
hear me.

Zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

;context=from-zaptel

;context=line1

busydetect=yes

callprogress=yes

busycount=4

hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

answeronpolarityswitch=yes

usecallingpres=yes

priindication=outofband

pritimer=t305,50000

signalling=fxs_ks

wink=50

useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

faxdetect=yes

rxgain=1.0

txgain=21.0

callgroup=1

group=1

usecallerid=yes

callerid=asreceived

cidstart=ring

hidecallerid=no

immediate=no

pickupgroup=1

;context=incoming

channel => 1-4

Sip.conf

[general]

srvlookup=yes ;allows DNS lookups of server names

naxexpirey=180

defaultexpirey=160

context=default ; Default context for incoming calls

allowoverlap=no ; Disable overlap dialing support. (Default is yes)

bindport=5060 ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is 5060)

tos_sip=cs3

tos_audio=ef

; bindport is the local UDP port that Asterisk will

; listen on

bindaddr=192.168.xx.xx ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to all)

srvlookup=yes ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls

limitonpeers=yes

notifyringing=yes

rtupdate=yes[authentication]

[104]

type=peer

context=phones

host=dynamic

fromuser=104

secret=xxxxxx

canreinvite=update

directrtpsetup=no

call-limit=3

nat=yes

qualify=yes

register=no

session-timers=accept

session-expires=90

session-minse=120

session-refresher=uac

register => 104:xxxxx at xxxxxx.com/104

defaultip=192.168.xx.xxx

mailbox=104

disallow=all

allow=ulaw,alaw

artcachefriends=yes

notifyhold=yes

incominglimit=1

call-limit=3

Other information will be provided as asked for.

Danny Nicholas