[asterisk-users] Using multiple 'peer' identities on one phone with 1.4

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Fri Apr 3 13:57:30 CDT 2009

Hi!

When using multiple identities on one physical phone (Snom 320), I get

check_auth: username mismatch, have <7705>, digest has <7736>

messages when placing a call from a different account than the first
one. From reading the asterisk source, I can see that the problem is
that peer authentication is not matched against username, but against
ip/port.
I need to have multiple queues a user can be logged in, therefore I need
to limit calls to phones (otherwise an agent would get multiple calls
at the same time). Because of the requirement for call limits I cannot
use friends which do not play well with call limits (I can't remember
the exact problem I ran into, but I think it is quite well known).

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
	Florian
--