[asterisk-users] Asterisk + Cisco Call Manager

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:14:50 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Timothy Smith <timotsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> In our office, we're migrating from a Cisco set up to Asterisk.

What is the goal of doing this migration?
Plenty of people do a blended environment with Cisco doing what Cisco
does well and Asterisk doing what Asterisk does well.

> Am now faced with the challenge relaying incoming calls from asterisk
> to call manager. Has anyone done that before?

I don't really have a good idea of what call manager is / does, nor
why you would want to relay incoming calls from asterisk to call
manager. If you're talking about reusing IVRs or other things that you
built in Cisco, those are straightforward to build in Asterisk. If you
really like the GUI for building IVRs I recommend trying out FreePBX
(or others), which provides a GUI on top of asterisk for tasks like
that.