[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no driver for PCI voice modems?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Apr 2 07:28:44 CDT 2009

Martin wrote:
> I wonder why people don't get it ? X100P is a winmodem was and always will be.

What makes you think anyone doesn't understand that? The problem is the
chip on the X100P isn't made any more, and X100P cards are no longer so
plentiful. You'll notice the price is going up. They aren't $5 any more.

Several Winmodem chips are still readily available, and so are cards
containing them. What is missing is someone putting the effort into
making drivers for them.

Steve