[asterisk-users] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: NEW CHANNEL DRIVERFORASTERISK RELEASED TODAY

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Wed Apr 1 11:41:28 CDT 2009

Cary Fitch wrote:
> It uses proprietary EDC.  (Extreme Data Compression)  The 140 bytes at 8
> bits each, and that is 2^140^8, a nearly inexhaustible key number which is
> related to audio and video data simultaneously stored on a Google Database,
> which is then sent to the user.
>
> Thus with the 140 byte message, full audio and video can be retrieved.
>
> This is an outgrowth of the data compression program circa about 1992, when
> disks were much smaller than today.  A very small compression program would
> infinitely compress data on a disk to allow storage of more data.  It was
> only a 200 bytes or so in size (DOS days):-) and worked perfectly.  Running
> it once resulted in lots of storage space.  It took very little time.  Of
> course rewriting the MBR (Master Boot Record) takes very little time.
>
> Recovering the "compressed" data was tough though.
>
> Cary Fitch
> 04/01/09

I thought maybe it used Infinite Monkey Compression where a mathematic
equation whose output over a specified domain would recreate the
data-bits.  For those unfamiliar with Infinite Monkey Compression it was
theorized by me a few years ago as an offshoot of Infinite Monkey
Theorem (monkeys, typewriters Shakespeare, etc...).  The original theory
was that is an infinite number of monkeys could eventually type the
complete works of Shakespeare through random coincidence then a random
bit generator running for an infinite amount of time would eventually
produce the equivalent bit sequence of any particular piece of
software.  Infinity being, well, rather infinite and humans being mortal
and all, infinite runs on a RBG didn't seem like all that great of an
option, so I kept thinking...  Then I realized that any file can be
represented by a sequence of numbers.  All you have to do is find the
equation that will output those number sequences and you've got a
highly-compressed way to recreate any file.  Just send the equation give
it a start and end value and let the computer save the output as a
binary file.  Unfortunately I was never able to take IMC beyond the
purely theoretical.