[asterisk-users] What is the one thing that polycom can do...

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:28:29 CDT 2009

Karl,

I echoed your comment about a one button hit exit anywhere in the
menu, that is so lame, although you can fake it by lifting the handset
or hitting menu twice.

I think a serious ergonomic study of the entire Polycom Soundpoint
menuing interface is needed. It appears that little thought was given
as to how it works. It actually looks like they tried to *guarantee*
at least two or more presses for every single thing you'll ever need
to do. Ok, I'm wrong: DND is a one button toggle. My bad!

Anyway, limiting the number of button presses ensures longer service
life of the product. Hmmm.

/r