[asterisk-users] G723 on asterisk 1.4.1

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 22:34:30 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> It is completely illegal in any country that recognizes patents.

You mean countries that recognize software patents, right?

> Please do NOT discuss ways to use unlicensed codecs on this list or any other forum
> provided by Digium.  This has been discussed multiple times as to why not,
> and I don't feel like rehashing the argument again.

I did not know you were a moderator on this list.

> contributory infringement

What if  I make a page that explains the patent issues and then
provide a link to http://asterisk.hosting.lv/ from that site and only
provide people on this list a link to my site? What if I provide a
link to the Google search for "asterisk g723?" Where do we draw the
line? If that site is so illegal, why hasn't it been taken down? Why
hasn't the patent holder at the very least provided Google with a DMCA
notice?