[asterisk-users] Problem with pickup extension *8 from features.conf using IAX

coco coboni01 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 12:07:31 CDT 2008

 Hello

Could you please help me understand if this behavior is corect or not?
I did not find something that says that from iax channels i cannot pickup ringing ext using the feature defined in features.conf.
Should I open a bug at Digium?
Any of you tryed this feature and worked? so that i could understand if I am doing something wrong,

So, if anyody used this feature and worked, please tell me so I can understand,
If not, and is a bug, please place your oppinions.

Regards,
Cosmin

Hello Cosmin,

I also tried this, and it doesn't work. I think it is a bug but i'm not sure. Let us know if you find any solution.

Regards,
Serghei Gutanu

Cosmin Nistor wrote:

 Hello and thank you for replyes.

Eric, I looked for it on the mailing list and google and did not find something relevant to be 100% sure that this feature is not supported.

Some information clare I founded in http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+callgroups+and+pickupgroups where it says that for IAX channels I can use the pickup feature from features.conf.

I was looking for an anser to understand if this is supported or not, not to lose more time trying to make it work.

Shazaum , thank you for your anser, the application Pickup works ok.
My problem is that this application issued from the dial-plan is
directed pickup, thos means that I have to know the exten that is
ringing.

I have difficulties because I an using call queues and the channel is not anymore only the exten that is ringing, and if I want to pikup a call that is comming from a queue, I cannot do this with app Pickup(at least I did not find any way to do this--any help from somebody who did is apreciated.)

Also, since IAX is developed by asterisk, is strange that for SIP there is support, and for IAX, this kind of application is not supported--this is why I asked, maybe I am doing something wrong.

In this case(if it is not supportted), shoul we/I open a bug repot to Digium?

Botton line, what i am trying to do is to pickup any call that cames in, direct call, transfered call, queue call, using IAX, and I am wondering if this is possible in any way.

Regards,
Cosmin

I believe chan_iax2 does not support call pickup.  Search the archives.

Shazaum wrote:

> already tested with an exten?
> ex:
> exten => _*8.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@Context)
> exten => _*8.,n,Hangup()
>
> 2008/9/27 coco <coboni01 at yahoo.com <mailto:coboni01 at yahoo.com>>
>
>     Hello list
>

>     I am trying to configure a PBX using Asterisk.
>
>     The problem I am havong is the following: I want to use the *8 from
>     features.conf to pickup any ringing extension from a group, becouse
>     I want to put the users in call queues and I want anybody from the
>     company to be able to pick a ringing channel, even if is in a queue.
>

>     Whwn using Sip protocol for the users, everithing is going fine, I
>     can pickup any ringing extension from the group using *8.
>
>     But the problem appears when I am using IAX protocol. When issuing
>     *8 from the IAX phone, asterisk tryes to find the *8 in the dialling
>     rules returning:
>

>     *CLI>     -- Registered IAX2 '40' (AUTHENTICATED) at 10.0.0.30:4569
>     <http://10.0.0.30:4569>
>     [Sep 27 12:04:33] NOTICE[19796]: chan_iax2.c:8914 socket_process:
>     Rejected connect attempt from 10.0.0.30 <http://10.0.0.30>, request
>     '*8 at default' <mailto:%27*8 at default%27> does not exist
>
>     This I think is wrong, is something like asterisk cannot read from
>     features.
>
>     With the same setting, when using SIP, i get:
>

>     *CLI>   == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
>     [Sep 27 12:06:23] NOTICE[19802]: chan_sip.c:17092
>     handle_request_invite: Nothing to pick up for
>     146532674631061-31766454711106 at 10.0.0.21
>     <mailto:146532674631061-31766454711106 at 10.0.0.21>
>
>     and it works ok.
>

>     I am wondering if any had this problem before and if you can help me
>     figure it out(how to make it work--or if is a bug), or find a
>     sollution using the app pickup.
>

>     I tryed using asterisk 1.4.13, asterisk 1.4.21.2 <http://1.4.21.2>,
>     asterisk 1.6-rc6 and always the same problem ocurs.
>

>     Regards,
>
>     Cosmin

Checked by AVG.