[asterisk-users] Maybe OT - routing calls in PSTN

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Mon Sep 29 19:47:06 CDT 2008

I have a Vitelity DID which generally works, but calls from a particular
caller do not reach it.  Vitelity has thus far disavowed any
responsibility for working through this problem.  I recognize that some
action might be required by another provider which is outside Vitelity's
control, but it seems that they should at least be trying to help
resolve the problem by helping me determine the responsible party and
facilitating contact - because it is their DID/service that cannot be
reached.

In the past when I had a similar problem with a Junction DID, the folks
at Junction resolved it with no hassles and zero intervention on my
part.  But Vitelity just keeps closing out my trouble tickets while
responding in a way that indicates that they are not reading my reports
carefully.

How does this compare to others' experiences with Vitelity and other
providers?  Is there a way that I can determine whom to contact given
only an originating number?  Any words of wisdom?  Documents I can read
for educating myself?