[asterisk-users] Zaptel/DAHDI ztdummy only

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Sep 29 13:32:59 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 03:23:52PM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> Let me know if I should post this on the asterisk-dev list instead.
>>
>> I am building a Linux-Vserver (http://www.linux-vserver.org) host system
>> that will have several guests running Asterisk.  Since the guests can't
>> load kernel modules or do other dangerous stuff, but can access them I
>> built zaptel 1.4 and it is now loaded by the host.
>
> modprobe ztdummy (alone) on the host. You'll have to create the basic
> device files on the gusts from the host. You'll have to use static
> device files.

Sorry for taking so long getting back.

By static device files you mean they are there when I enter the guest.
I created them from the host system. (Ref: telephreak.org link below)

Now I'm trying to build Asterisk in the guest but when I go through
menuselect => Applications; app_flash and app_meetme are XXX'd out.
They need Zaptel installed.  A lsmod shows zaptel and friends are loaded.

I'm assuming the guest really does have have access but the build
processes look at something else to determine if Zaptel is installed.

The Zaptel sources are installed and I did a:

make libtonezone.so
copied libtonezone.so to /usr/lib//usr/lib/libtonezone.so.1.0
and made a couple of links to give it more generic names;
libtonezone.so.1 and libtonezone.so.

This included putting a copy of zaptel.h in /usr/include/linux and
tomezone.h in /usr/include.  I found these instructions on the
telephreaks.com site <http://www.telephreak.org/papers/vpa/>.

Is there a way to over-ride make file build and force meetme and flash
to be built?

TIA,
Rod