[asterisk-users] Dial Plan Issues

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Mon Sep 29 12:46:25 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 14:51 +0000, Tariq .. wrote:
> the following two lines exist in the extensions_additional.conf
>

> [from-max]
> exten => _X,1,Answer
> exten => _X,n,Queue(8000,tr,,)
>
> and it DOES exist in the output of the 'show dialplan'
>
>  [ Context 'from-max' created by 'pbx_config' ]
>   '_X' =>           1. Answer()
> [pbx_config]
>                     2. Queue(8000|tr||)
> [pbx_config]
>
> yet my system doesn't use it to route
>
> regards

Tariq--

Maybe I missed a message or something, but I don't see a response to
Tzafrir's request to see /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.
extensions_additional.conf is not extensions.conf; and unless
extensions.conf includes it, it will never be a part of your dialplan.

You did mention that you were using trixbox in your original question,
so we referred you to a trixbox mailing list, because rumors have it
that trixbox does complicated things in their dialplan to accomplish
their goals, and most folks in this mailing list (but not all)
don't play much with trixbox.

But if you are not using trixbox, then you might look in your
extensions.conf to answer these questions.

Another resource you have to investigate the dialplan is in the
CLI of asterisk; you can say "dialplan show", or "dialplan show
from-max"
to see if the from-max context has been included.

when the pbx_config module (module load pbx_config.so) loads, it
will read in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf; if it is not there,
that module will not complete the loading process.

If want us to evaluate why your dialplan is not working, show us the
dialplan in extensions.conf.

murf

--
Steve Murphy