[asterisk-users] Knowing incoming call technology and channel [SOLVED]

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Sep 29 09:30:58 CDT 2008

Olivier wrote:

> I don't have any spare zaptel enabled system I could try this on, but I
> was not aware of this CHANNEL variable.
> Now, I can see it here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+variables
> Maybe, I will add a line in www.voip-info.org <http://www.voip-info.org>
> to keep others (me?) from searching again.

You should have looked in /path/to/arc/asterisk/doc/channelvariables.txt
  There's lots of cool information there, and all of it is up to date
for your version of Asterisk, unlike voip-info.org.

I often wonder why nobody seems to read the docs that are included with
Asterisk.

--
Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near