[asterisk-users] CLI and verbosity level [SOLVED]

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Sep 29 09:16:15 CDT 2008

2008/9/29 Darrick Hartman <dhartman at djhsolutions.com>

> Olivier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Whenever I'm logging in with "asterisk -r" command, I can see that the
> > verbosity and debug levels are set to a value which is different from
> > the last ones I left when I logged off from CLI.
> >
> > Where are those default levels defined ?
> > I can't see any related option in logger.conf.
> > Any hint ?
>
> The verbosity will be at least as high as the last time you entered the
> CLI.

Do you mean the highest between last and previous last times ?

>  For example if two times ago, you entered with 5 v's then entered
> the last time with 1 v, you will still be at 5 v's.
>
> You can change this behavior using:
>
> CLI>core set verbose X   where X is the new level you want (2, 3 ...)
>

> Hope that makes sense.

It does but whatever I tried, it defaulted to 5.

Anyway, with grep in /etc/asterisk/*.conf, I found those 2 lines in
asterisk.conf :
debug=5
verbose=5

That should explain why I couldn't revert to a lower level of verbosity.

Thanks for helping