[asterisk-users] Creating Asterisk Binary Package

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Sep 29 02:55:07 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 03:41:26AM -0400, Jim Boykin wrote:
> Is there a script to create an Asterisk binary package after it is
> compiled on one system.
>
> We do not want to compile Asterisk of each system where we want to
> run. I am sure there is a way but I could find it.

What system, specifically?

With what libraries installed? Which of them are installed on the target
system?

rpm, deb and such automate much of the process. Chances are that there
is already an existing such binary package for your distribution. Just
grab it, fix it, and rebuild (and fix, and rebuild, and deploy, and fix
and rebuild, etc.)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com