[asterisk-users] Conferencing Hardware

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Sep 28 10:23:57 CDT 2008

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Jim Boykin wrote:

> We plan to use asterisk for conferencing. As I understand, it requires
> either a separate hardware like x100p clone or ztdummy. What are the
> pro & cons of x100p vs ztdummy. Any other hardware suggestions for
> conferencing? It should be able to handle few simultaneous
> conferences.

I have one server which handles "a few simultaneous conferences" using
just ztdummy - however there are rarely more than 4-5 participants and
rarely more than 2 conferences on the go at any one time.. (2.5GHz AMD
Semperon FWIW)

Ztdummy using:

ztdummy: Trying to load High Resolution Timer
ztdummy: Initialized High Resolution Timer
ztdummy: Starting High Resolution Timer
ztdummy: High Resolution Timer started, good to go

And zttest gets more 100%'s than not.

Gordon