[asterisk-users] G.722 between Eyebeam and a Polycom IP650

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Sun Sep 28 08:07:23 CDT 2008

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 12:05:06 +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:

>There is no error in RFC3551. There is a clear statement that an earlier
>RFC did things wrong, due to a typo, and classifying G.722 as an 8000
>sample/second codec is, for better or worse, the standard. Its messy and
>inconsistent, but its "the standard".
>
>The only manufacturers I know of who do the wrong thing (i.e. using
>16000 in the SDP) are Grandstream and Aastra. Both are aware that their
>products are incompatible with the rest of the universe, but seem
>uninterested in fixing them.
>
>If I were building a terminal, I'd make mine announce 8000, but accept
>8000 or 16000 to try to maximise compatibility. It seems people don't do
>that.
>
>Unless you have some special version of eyebeam, I don't think it
>supports G.722. It supports G.722.2, but that is completely different.
>It also supports 16 bit PCM and DVI4 at 16000 samples/second.

No, it's the OEM version which I got from ZipDX. The version that
Counterpath sells direct to end-users does not have the same selection
of codecs as the OEM version. You can see the codec list in the
following image from the audio cod
dialogue.

http://www.mgraves.org/voip/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/eyebeamcodecs.png

Are 16 bit PCM and DVI14 supported by any hard phones?

Michael

--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com