[asterisk-users] Bizarre international call problem.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Sat Sep 27 15:27:01 CDT 2008

> You have handsets connected to your proprietary PBX. Most domestic
> things you dial on your proprietary PBX handsets get passed directly
> through to your asterisk box without getting mangled by your
> proprietary PBX. International calls that are prefixed by 011 are
> getting mangled by your proprietary PBX. Are you already getting to
> what I'm going to suggest?
>
> Modify your proprietary PBX to not mangle your international calls.

Well, I really like that idea, but there's one small problem: outbound
calls work just fine when the Asterisk system is removed from the
equation.  I'm now leaning slightly toward there being T1 funkiness
between the PoS and the Asterisk box... but without a T1 protocol
analyzer, it's kinda hard to be sure.  Hopefully, I can get a friend over
(with his) to help out.

I guess -- maybe -- they could be playing games, and having the PSTN
assume that calls sent out over channel X are international, but that's
now sounding super-duper improbable.

Thanks...

-Ken