[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Sat Sep 27 14:34:17 CDT 2008

> Yes, that is what I did, I used overlay but I had a hard time to unmak it.
> The 1.4 is not even in the portage "unstable" and it was masked in:
> /usr/portage/profile/package.mask

True. The asterisk packages in the voip overlay aren't particularly up-to-date. If I had more knowledge of Portage and how it works, I'd help out, but alas, I don't, and don't really have time to learn.

For some of the packages you need to edit the ebuild file and add "~amd64 ~x86" (depending on your architecture) to the "ARCH=" line, then rebuild the digests on the ebuilds.

Regards,

Chris