[asterisk-users] Extremely OT: I need someone who can parse a MS Word or PDF or RTF document

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 02:41:13 CDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Philipp Kempgen
<philipp.kempgen at amooma.de> wrote:
> randulo schrieb:
>> take it on. Basically this is taking a human readable text and turning
>> it into a bunch of database SQL inserts.
>
> Out of curiosity: Why?

Indeed, I could probably hire people in the third world (or maybe soon
in the US!!!) to read the doc and type it into a database, but heck,
that'd put programmers out of business.

I guess the database having 40,000 searchable notes is the real answer
though. Awful hard to wade through a bunch word docs using text
search.

I have a couple of promising replies. Thanks for your patience, folks,
any further comments please make them off list.

/r