[asterisk-users] server and 2 uniden phones no ringing

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Sep 26 14:44:21 CDT 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have a box running asterisk 1.4.17 that had been working.
> it has 2 uniden phones connected on it.
>
> This was working and now the phones dont ring when calling each other.
> below is the sip debug. I cant see why the other phone does not ring?
>
> I also tried changing the canreinvite for no to yes but that made no
> difference after restarting.
> Very simple network. server, linksys router and 2 phones. 192.168.1.X
> for everything.
>
> Any ideas?
> Jerry

<snip>

Based on the SIP debug included here, it appears that Asterisk is not receiving
a response to the INVITE it is sending to 522 (192.168.1.99). Since the phone is
not ringing, it makes me suspect that for some reason the linksys is preventing
the INVITE from reaching the phone. If you can look at a packet capture on the
linksys, you may want to verify that the linksys isn't modifying or blocking the
INVITE that Asterisk is sending.

Mark Michelson